performing a recursive folder update

rob abbott
  • rob abbott

rob abbott - 2005-06-13

I don't seem to be able to perform a recursive folder update.

The code executes without exception, but doesn't retrieve any of the missing folders!

code snippet:
    DirectoryInfo dir = new DirectoryInfo(Path.Combine(path, CVS_DIR));
    Manager manager = new Manager(dir);
    workingDir_.FoldersToUpdate = manager.FetchFilesToUpdate (path);

//Perform operation
    ICommand updateCmd = new UpdateCommand2(workingDir_);
    CVSServerConnection conn = getConnection();

The path variable contains c:\temp\foo, this folder contains a CVS folder, which in the Entries file lists 8 subfolders (bar1, bar2, ... barN).  These 8 folders do not exist locally.

When I step through the code, and examine the contents of the WorkingDirectory object, the foldersToUpdate.entries.hashtable correctly contains 8 elements.

I have successfully used the CheckoutCommand, so I presume my environment setup is ok.

Additionally, how do I activate the logging for the library?

I've tried the apporach in the UpdateCommandParser.createCommand() but the same thing happens.

Thanks in advance,

• Clayton Harbour

Clayton Harbour - 2005-06-17

Hi there, to run up debugging on the application check out either the console application ConsoleMain.DoExecute method.  Basically it just involves registering handlers for the message output.

For the second piece, have you traced through the UpdateCommand.Execute method to see what is actually being sent to the server?  Also does the getConnection method set the WorkingDirectoy that you are building up?  You should alternatively be able to just add the Files/ Directories that you want to update to the UpdateCommand.Folders object.  If there is still an issue can you send a small repro to the developers list?  Thanks,

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks