No Install with XP SP 2?

Help
2004-08-14
2012-12-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello!

I just set up my System with Service Pack 2 and wanted to install 7zip but the Setup.exe doesn't work - just nothing happens!
    Someone else encountered this behaviour?

• Nobody/Anonymous

i upgraded my system with sp2, i had a few bug with new memory lock of sp2 (cannot write in memory)
      i reformated
      i use a cd with sp2 included and no problem with 7z313 (i installed on first try, no bug)

• Nobody/Anonymous

I was also unable to install. I get a "Invalid command line parameter" message. Anyone know how to fix this? I need this program to install the far-cry coop mod... :(

• Nobody/Anonymous

If it's just because you need to handle a 7z archive you could just install, winrar, izarc or zipgenius.
        Personaly i prefer izarc.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm install 7zip 3.13 on winxpsp2 but when I right clic on a file the pc freeze and after 10 seconds windows file manager crash and close... I trying to uninstall 7zip but problem remain... help. Thanks

Silvio, Torino, Italy.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2004-09-09

I don't know reason.
        After rebooting 7-zip will be uninstalled fully.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I am running SP2 and 7-Zip with no problems.

• Frendzas, P.

Frendzas, P. - 2004-09-15

Just enter 7-zip and the 7-zip installer to that stupid DEP (Data Execution prevention) whitelist, and it will work fine.

• Anonymous - 2004-09-16

It's working fine for me... I use 7-zip as my default file manager in Windows XP SP2, as a matter of fact.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'm using SP1, and it won't install - the installer runs without error, but no software is installed, as far as I can tell.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks