[4.18b] Cannot set directory exclude

Help
J44xm
2005-04-29
2012-12-07
  • J44xm

J44xm - 2005-04-29

I'm attempting to back up my Firefox profiles directory located in C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox, but I can't seem to effectively exclude the cache directory located at "\profiles\default.h63\cache." I've tried this:

"c:\program files\(utilities)\(compression)\7-zip\7z.exe" u -uq0 -ms=off -mhe=on -mx=9 -x!/cache/* -p0044 "firefox profile data.7z" "C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\"

and this:

"c:\program files\(utilities)\(compression)\7-zip\7z.exe" u -uq0 -ms=off -mhe=on -mx=9 -x!"profiles\default.h63\cache" -p0044 "firefox profile data.7z" "C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop User\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\"

and a few permutations between. I also tried searching this forum, and despite the fact that I found very similar issues with some proposed solutions, I've not met with success. Any help is appreciated.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have not checked through all your code but I would have thought  -x!"profiles\default.h63\cache\*" should work.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
      Your exclusion will not work because your include line (for the source) is an absolute address - "C:\Doc..."

Relative addresses do not affect absolute addresses.

If you make c:\ your current working directory,
      then use "Docu\..." (a relative address),
      then the exclude will work.

Except try  -x!cache\*, not  -x!/cache/*

Please show us your successful line, when you get one.