7zip saying it's run out of space, despite creating .tmp file on drive with lots of space

Help
heatopher
2013-02-08
2013-02-08
  • heatopher

heatopher - 2013-02-08

Hi, no idea if this has been discussed elsewhere (probably, but can't find any sign)....

I am trying to back up a large folder using an automated batch script on Win XP, which calls 7zip to perform the following action:

path\to...\7za.exe a -t7z "destination_drive:\path\to\backup_folder\backupfile.7z" "another_drive:\path\to\folder_to_back_up\" -wdestination_drive:\path\to\backup_folder

I am consistently getting an error message that "There is not enough space on the disk". It's true that there isn't enough space on the drive that I'm backing up from, but my understanding is that with the -w flag I should be ensuring that the working .tmp file goes onto the destination backup drive, where there's oodles of space. The backup file will be much bigger than 4GB, but the destination drive is formatted as NTFS (having previously been FAT32, in fact), and so that shouldn't be the issue. What else could be the reason? Is it some small thing in the syntax of the command? Quotation marks missing, or used in the wrong place? All help greatly appreciated,

H

Last edit: heatopher 2013-02-08
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2013-02-08

Call it again and track free space on disks.
    Maybe you need to remove previous archive before creating new version.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks