2005-01-11
2012-12-07
  • PatLogan

PatLogan - 2005-01-11

Hi

using 7z 4.13b on win2k

having this error :
    BEGIN--------------------------------------------
    Compressing  documents fitzgerald\01. new website Eurordis April 04\02. content\3. final texts\News and home page\Cork June 2003\after the conference\final presentations & handouts\Cork Saturday Presentations\split-up presentations for web\08_anders_olauson_original.ppt 78%
    Error:

System error:
    Le chemin d'accs spcifi est introuvable.
    ---------------------------------------------END

the lenght of the path+filename is 258.

is there a bug with path+filename > 256 ?

how can I get rid of it ?

thanks

Pat

• Nobody/Anonymous

---
      c:\progra~1\7-zip\7za a -t7z aaa.7z "D:\LG\out\fitzgerald\01. new website Eurordis April 04\02. content\3. final texts\News and home page\Cork June 2003\after the conference\final presentations & handouts\Cork Saturday Presentations\split-up presentations for web\08_anders_olauson_original.ppt"
      ---
      works fine

• PatLogan

PatLogan - 2005-01-11

sorry, didn't precise the command/switches I used :

"C:\Program Files\7-Zip_4.13b\7z.exe" u -t7z -up0q0 c:\save\%1.%2.7z %include_filelist% %exclude_filelist% -r -mx5 -ms=off -wc:\winnt\temp

• PatLogan

PatLogan - 2005-01-11

I post it in the bug report

• Nobody/Anonymous

---
      C:\Progra~1\7-Zip\7z u -t7z -up0q0 test.7z @include_filelist.txt -xr@exclude_filelist.txt -r -mx5 -ms=off -wc:\win\temp
      ---
      no problems, 7-Zip 4.13 beta, win98se

The command

"C:\Program Files\7-Zip_4.13b\7z.exe" u -t7z -up0q0 c:\save\%1.%2.7z %include_filelist% %exclude_filelist% -r -mx5 -ms=off -wc:\winnt\temp

doesn't work since variable length is limited on win98

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi Pat

I have similar problem, I note that like you I am using -ms=off. I tried without -r but made no difference (it still seems to recurse I don't know why, and it still crashes with same error as yours (but in English!!)).

Maybe try without -ms=off??

• PatLogan

PatLogan - 2005-01-13

hi
        I need ms=off because you can't update solid archivers
        I registered and sent the question to igor, hope i'll have the answer soon
        4.14 does the same, don't waste time !
        @+
        Pat

• PatLogan

PatLogan - 2005-01-14

I tried on the longuest path+filename (259 with the three characters for the drive - e.g. "C:\")

It works fine !

Thank a lot for this developpement.

PatLogan

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks Igor for the link to the update - I am trying this now - I tried 4.14 and without -ms=off and it still failed. I have fingers crossed for 4.15alpha!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Igor -

4.15 alpha works! It still reports error messages of which the last I give below, but it now completes the run.

Typical error message:
      Backup\N\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Various Artists\Now
      That's What I Call Music Vol.51 [US] Disc 2\Now That's What I Call Music Vol.51
      [US] Disc 1\AlbumArt_{664C9BD1-C2B6-4BE4-B524-1B0E7DBCCB80}_Small.jpg : The sys
      tem cannot find the path specified.

----------------
      WARNING: Cannot open 7 files

Apart from the very long path/file, I have noticed another weird thing about the 5 files in the same folder as the one above - they all have the system and hidden attributes set. Don't know why, but maybe this is the problem, perhaps combined with or entirely separate from the long path/file? Not sure about the other 2 files that 7-zip reports it couldn't open, don't know which these were.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks