Help
hk-geest
2024-08-31
2024-08-31
  • hk-geest

hk-geest - 2024-08-31

Subsequently changing the archive properties - can't find the menu item

Hello,
    I've already searched the forum for the following problem, but couldn't find a suitable post, which surprises me because I thought that other users must actually have the same problem.

I've been desperately trying to find the right menu item in the 7zip-File-Manager for a while now. My problem: I created a zip file using the context menu in the Windows-File-Manager (Explorer). When you create this archive, you first get the familiar pop-up menu where you can enter the compression type, encryption, password, information about the folder structure (e.g. relative path or absolute path) and so on.

The archive is then created. When I then open the archive in the 7zip-File-Manager, I can't find the settings anywhere where I can, for example, subsequently assign a password or change the folder structure from absolute to relative, for example.

I do find "Properties" under the "File" menu. But only a few properties are displayed there - and only in read mode. You can't change anything there.

Can anyone help me find the settings if I want to change something in the properties of an archive "afterwards" (!!)?

Thank you very much for your support.
    Best regards, hk-geest

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2024-08-31

not implemented.

• hk-geest

hk-geest - 2024-08-31

Hello Igor Pavlov,

Thank you for the quick response. OK, I understand that. I wouldn't have thought that you couldn't edit or change it in the FileManager, but then it's clear why I couldn't find a suitable function despite searching intensively in the menus.

Thank you for the help!

Best regards, hk-geest

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2024-08-31

You can only rename folders and files inside archive.
    But it can be slow for big archive, because 7-zip rewrites full archive for any update operation.