unattended install

Help
2004-11-09
2012-12-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Is there a way to get 7zip installed automatically from a batch file, like with most professional installers?

I only found that /Q switch, which however still brings up the  overly redundant "Do you want to install...?" box.

Does every SFX created by 7zip have such a thing? Or was the 7zip installer/setup file itself packaged with something else?

milky@usrsfnet

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2004-11-09

• Nobody/Anonymous

I already found out about -y /q (it was actually easy to find in the docs) - but many thanks for the hint anyhow, that's a great SF.net project you pointed me to!

However, I'd also have another feature request right here: if the 7-Zip installer already supports this mode of operation, it would be great if it also supported automatic registration for all yet unassigned archive file types/extensions at installation time.

Best,
      milky

• Nobody/Anonymous

They've updated their site, see instead:

http://unattended.sourceforge.net/installers.php

• Nobody/Anonymous

The switches are different from 3.13 and 4.15. What installer is used for the latest beta and what are its switches for silent install?

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2005-01-28

3.13 - 7-Zip SFX + IExpress
        4.15 - NSIS.

4.15: /S

• Nobody/Anonymous

*grin* Darn that was fast. Thanks. I was going to post that I found it through looking at the temp files ns*.tmp   I appreciate the reply though. Keep up the good work.
      -Marticus

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks