Menu

What is the lib and include file(s) of LZMA SDK

Help
Heng Zhou
2018-07-02
2018-07-04
  • Heng Zhou

Heng Zhou - 2018-07-02

I am building a 3rd party project which is built on LZMA on Windows 10 using Visual Studio 2015. One of the source file needs to include lzma.h:
    #include <lzma.h>
    And I guess the project will link LZMA library after passing compilation. To this end, I download the LZMA SDK lzma1805.7z from https://www.7-zip.org/sdk.html in order to build LZMA myself. But after reading all docs and tried many times, I still cannot figure out how to build LZMA. I am expecting to generate a library file named, say, lzma.lib (possibly together with lzma.dll) and a folder containing header files. But I don't know how to make it. Futhermore, to my frustration, there is no lzma.h at all in the package. The progress I have made so far is that I can build a VS project in lzma1805\C\Util\LzmaLib\LzmaLib.dsw which produces LZMA.lib and LzmaLib.dll and lzma1805\CPP\7zip\Bundles\Alone7z\Alone.vcxproj which generates Alone.exe about which I have no idea what it is. So, what on earth is the LZMA library that another 3rd party project links to and where is the lzma.h?

Last edit: Heng Zhou 2018-07-02
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2018-07-02

maybe "xz utils" ?

• Prince Gupta

Prince Gupta - 2018-07-03

for using lzma only
    list(APPEND LZMASOURCES
    lzma/C/lzmaEnc.c
    lzma/C/lzmaDec.c
    lzma/C/lzmalib.c
    lzma/C/LzFind.c
    lzma/C/LzFindMt.c
    lzma/C/Alloc.c
    lzma/C/Threads.c)

Last edit: Prince Gupta 2018-07-04
  • Prince Gupta

Prince Gupta - 2018-07-03

use #include "lzma/C/LzmaLib.h"

Last edit: Prince Gupta 2018-07-03
  • Heng Zhou

Heng Zhou - 2018-07-04

OK, let me put this way: where is the open source publicly downloadable for the lzma package that is installed when I type in ubuntu
    sudo apt-get install liblzma-dev
    Since it seems that no one uses Windows+VS, I will manually create a VS project and build it myself.