SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Update Mode (BUG!): Update and Add Files?

Help
2003-07-06
2012-12-07
  • Nobody/Anonymous

It appears there is a bug in 7-Zip 2.30 Beta 32 when using the "Update & add files" Update mode in the GUI interface on WinXP Pro because I receive the following error message:

"Not implemented"

Confirmed or operator error?

I tried the GUI approach after an unsuccessful command line approach.  See my earlier post with the command line problem.  I thought it would be useful to create a batch file with the "7zan.exe" file for backing up my email client's mail folder using the 7z format in addition to the registry.

Unless someone can correct what I'm doing wrong, I would say a bug appears in 7-Zip 2.30 Beta 32 in the Update & Add File update mode.

Thanks!

Greg

• Nobody/Anonymous

The obvious is the 'Update & add files' mode is 'Not implemented' yet unless someone else can provide additional information.

Thanks!

Greg

• Nobody/Anonymous

I have the same identical problem in version 4.10 beta from Command line.
      The problem happens when i try to update a large existent 7zip file (about 250 MB) , while the problem doesn't verify for smaller file (about 3 MB).

Someone help us , please ;-)

7 zip Anonym user

• Nobody/Anonymous

While i'm reading carefully the 7-zip faq , i read that update command doesn't work on solid archive.

So i create a 7z archive without solid archive option and i try tu update archive: Work great !!!!
      I solved my problem , you can do the same thing.

7 zip Anonym user

• Nobody/Anonymous

While i'm reading carefully the 7-zip faq , i read that update command doesn't work on solid archive.

So i create a 7z archive without solid archive option and i try tu update archive: Work great !!!!
      I solved my problem , you can do the same thing.

7 zip Anonym user