Menu

Can not decompress using "7-zip 18.05 x 64"

2018-06-29
2018-06-30
  • yudai yamaguchi

yudai yamaguchi - 2018-06-29

I want to decompress the following archive.
    Sample data: http: //wotangar.ru/file/download/Icons_aboroda_v.1.0 (0.8.7). 7z

I could not decompress this archive using 7-zip 18.05 x64.

Open ERROR: Can not open the file as [7z] archive

ERRORS:
    Is not archive

Can not open as archive: 1
    Files: 0
    Size: 0
    Compressed: 0

However, I can decompress this archive using 7-zip 9.20 x64.

Is this a degrade?
    Also, is there a way to expand this archive using 7-zip 18.05 x 64?

Thank you in advance

• Radorn Keldam

Radorn Keldam - 2018-06-29

That download link is broken and removing the spaces to make it work results in a downloaded file that is really an HTML document. No wonder 7-Zip won't open it.
    Are you sure 9.20 does open that? maybe you are doing something wrong.

Last edit: Radorn Keldam 2018-06-29
    • Andrzej P. Wozniak

That's not quite true. It's NOT a valid HTML document, it's rather an error message concatenated with 7z file. It means that the website is misconfigured or the website code contains errors.

7-zip in new versions won't open such files by default, you need to use option ”Open inside #” to open any file containing data before archive. It's been already explained 2 days ago, see the following message:
      https://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/75f11cd5/?limit=25#d7a3

Last edit: Andrzej P. Wozniak 2018-06-29
      • Radorn Keldam

Well, I didn't check more than opening it with a hexadecimal editor and saw typical HTML tags and just left it at that. Later I noticed the size of the file and checked a second time, noticing the 7z header after the html part. I didn't care to see if the HTML part was of any use.

• Radorn Keldam

OK, I looked at it a second time with a hex editor and it turns out that, after the HTML code, there's indeeed a 7-Zip archive and it does open with 18.05.
    I don't know if 9.20 opens it despite the prepended HTML, but the truth of the matter is that the file is wrong as it provided by the server.

• Vladimir Surguchev

del

Last edit: Vladimir Surguchev 2018-06-30