Menu

Mouse pointer jumps to the corner of screen when start drag selection of files in 7-zip File Manager

adoria0000
2017-10-19
2019-04-08
  • adoria0000

adoria0000 - 2017-10-19

The problem seems to be since Windows10 FCU update(OSbuild 16299.19).
    7-zip 16.04 64bit
    Windows 10 Home 64bit Version 1709 OSbuild 16299.19

Reproducible : always

Steps To Reproduce:
    1. Open zip file(which contains many files so that scrollbar will appear)
    2. Scroll to middle in vertically
    3. Try to select files by mouse dragging

Actual Results:
    List pane unexpectedly scroll when drag start.
    And mouse pointer jumps to the corner of screen.

Expected Results:
    List pane should not scroll until mouse pointer reaches the pane edge.
    And mouse pointer should not jump.

• p3

p3 - 2017-10-19

Can confirm the issue on Win10 FCU (x64).

I have dual monitor setup and cursor jumps to the right bottom corner of the second display (extend mode).

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-10-20

Its M$ f**** up guys... not only 7zip, winrar too!

• Yak

Yak - 2017-10-21

Can confirm 7-zip issue.
      Cant reproduce Winrar with trail version. Could you please provide us more information?

• Jonathan Limoanco

It's the same thing - if there's a vertical scrollbar, dragging your mouse to select files will move your cursor to the lower right corner of your screen. If there's a horizontal bar, dragging your mouse to select files will move your cursor to the upper right. I have the latest version of winrar, full version.

• Forcen

Forcen - 2017-10-20

Same here, tried uninstalling the 64bit version of 7-zip and installing 32bit instead but same result.
    Same version of windows but I'm using pro.

Real curious on what is going on here that causes the mouse to move like that...

• Chris

Chris - 2017-10-22

Good day guys!
    I have a good news for you guys!
    I found a temp solution, a workaround!
    This issue seems to be the glitch with the Horizonal Scrollbar.
    The issue is: Whenever the horizonal scrollbar is visible,it will be "Auto-scroll" to the right side(most bottom right position) on "mouse-drag" event(which auto-binds the pointer to scrollbar and move pointer position).
    The bypass the issue, just a workaround:

1. change to any view other than "Details" view.
    2. unstick any unneeded detail column(like comment, folders,files, method,HostOS) so that the horizonal scrollbar is invisible.
    3. Or just simply Resize/Maximize the window.

Last edit: Chris 2017-10-22
    • p3

p3 - 2017-10-22

Thanks for that :)
      Good enough until dev provides us some fix (I doubt M$ will do anything about it)

• Pourya

Pourya - 2017-11-08

thx , for now it solved

• Conway

Conway - 2018-03-09

This solution worked for me.

• Marek Poláček

Marek Poláček - 2019-04-08

Or, reduce the number of displayed attributes to a reasonable amount. I certainly do not need to view Host OS, I do not need to view any link, or a volume index. Now I do not have the horizontal scrollbar :)

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2017-10-22

issue is on horizontal and vertical bars too...

• garet

garet - 2017-10-23

it's not only a 7-zip
    I have the same problem in 7-zip and filezilla, so I guess it's a windows glitch

• Gilles Lalonde

Gilles Lalonde - 2017-11-03

Not a 7zip problem

It's a Windoz mouse driver problem... mostly a Win10 problem. You know, Windoz, with each iteration, it’s not getting better...

Whatever brand of mouse you got, try one or the other.

1- If you have install specific drivers for your mouse, in Device Manager, under whatever named header for your mouse... might be "HID-compliant mouse", click the "Driver Details" button on the "Driver" Tab, take note of all the driver’s file names and their locations... you can't copy eff out of there... make a catch screen with Windoz' Snipping Tool app if it helps. Then, uninstall that beleaguered driver. If it ask you if you want to also delete the driver's file... click Yes. Your mouse will probably stop working right there. Too bad... so sad... You must now use Windoz Explorer and navigate to each file that was listed and make sure they don't exist anymore. Use the Window key, the Tab key and the arrow keys to move the focus around. When done, REBOOT! Let Windoz install it's own drivers. Problem should be solved.

If you can't navigate with the keys, unplug-replug your mouse, if you're lucky, Windoz will not use the previous custom drivers and install it's own right there. If it reuses the custom drivers, you won’t be able to manually remove them.

2- If you never installed proprietary custom drivers... it seems that it's now the time... the Windoz drivers aren’t cutting it.You need to go to your mouse manufacturer's web site and identify your device and download the appropriate bastard drivers and install them on your friggin Windowz. REBOOT! Cross your fingers... light-up some Incense… whatever.... Windoz... wha tha ya want... a piece of cake?

...cake is a lie.

ReBoot!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0IW4kP9ylc

Last edit: Gilles Lalonde 2017-11-03
  • Daniel DR

Daniel DR - 2017-11-09

I created a video of this problem in case anyone needs to reference it. https://youtu.be/hxuxdo4l1K0

• adoria0000

adoria0000 - 2018-01-22

https://tablacus.github.io/TablacusWindows10FCUBugFix/index.html
    Installing this application fixes the problem

Last edit: adoria0000 2018-02-01
    • Conway

Conway - 2018-03-09

is that actually an installation, or just a one time thing that you have to do every time you turn on your computer?

• Lint Hasenpfeffer

I also expereience this issue.

• ENiGMAXG2

ENiGMAXG2 - 2018-04-20

Wow, 6 months and still no official fix from M$.. 7Zip, Winrar, Defraggler, Filezilla, Burnaware ... all of them have this issue (and probably countless other programs as well) programs I use DAILY.

As opposed to other reports in this board, it happens to me with both 32 and 64 bit software, and with only one or multiple monitors... I think nothing of that matters, the bug is very wide.

• p3

p3 - 2018-04-30

Great news!

The problem finally resolved (by M$) after Windows 10 April Update (1803).
    Tested: 7-Zip 18.01 x64 on Win10 Pro x64 (v1803, build-17134.1)

• Felipe Raposo Gonçalves de Melo

Indeed... it's been fixed here too.