Menu

[Feature request] set latest file date/time to Archive

2014-09-18
2017-03-15
  • Nooitgedacht

Nooitgedacht - 2014-09-18

Hi Igor,

Such as my topic says, is it possible to implement a feature to set latest date/time of a file whats included in that archive, to a created archive, such as rar it does? Only my opinion, rar set directies to dates of the oldest file, and there is no option to set it to the latest file in that directory. Also a wish to set a directory of the latest date time of a file and not what's stored on the computer. Possible with multilevel directories???

• Loris Rinaldo

Loris Rinaldo - 2015-03-12

Also good old pkZIP had parameter -o to set archive file date to match the latest file date.
    A similar option for brand new 7zip is not available ... or am I missing something?
    Thanks

• szfong

szfong - 2015-03-12

not as feature rich as pkzip, but latest beta, -stl
    no option for oldest as in pkzip.

• isidroco

isidroco - 2016-02-24

I also need that feature. As a orkaround I'm using 7zip plugin in Total Commander, Total Commander has the option of setting archives date to latest file date. But it's no good for batch or automated archiving. It would be easy to implement this useful feature, and it would improve 7zip usage.

Last edit: isidroco 2016-02-24
  • Vladimir Surguchev

-stl (Set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file) switch

• jim simpson

jim simpson - 2016-04-01

"-stl" feature is what does the trick ... but is only available in cmd-line mode ... but NOT via "Add to Archive" dialog.

please add/enable it there as well.

[using and loving: 7Z v15.14 -x64]

• xkiter

xkiter - 2017-03-14

Please add it to the GUI. Trying it in the "Parameters" of the GUI does not work.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2017-03-15

later.