7-zip hangs dragging to the desktop

KarlM
2010-05-07
2014-05-26
  • KarlM

KarlM - 2010-05-07

Hi…

I am using Vista32 Business SP2 and 7-zip 9.13. Earlier, I commented on an existing thread that 7-zip hangs extracting from a broken zip file.

What I found was that it does not hang if I use the extract button, it just reports the error. But if I extract a file from it by dragging the file to the desktop, then 7-zip hangs.

This is also true for a multipart rar file with ine of the part files corrupted.

This is also true for a password protected rar file. The password prompt window appears, but I can not type in it.

In all of these cases, I had to use the task manager to terminate 7-zip.

Thanks,

…Karl

• KarlM

KarlM - 2010-06-02

So the simplest way I can reproduce this is open a password protected zip file and drag something from within that zip file to the desktop. At that point, a window pops up asking me for a password, but 7-zip is hung and I can't do anything with it…except kill it with the task manager.

How can I help track down why this is happening?

Thanks,

…Karl

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2010-06-02

Only mouse doean't work in that case.
    You can use keyboard.

• KarlM

KarlM - 2010-06-02

I just confirmed that in my test 7-zip still responds to the keyboard; only the mouse does not work.

Is it possible to make the mouse work in the next release?

Thanks,

…Karl

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2010-06-02

I don't know how to fix it.

• avejidah

avejidah - 2010-06-17

The same happens for me.  Not a big issue though.

• cuthead

cuthead - 2010-07-27

It will cause cpu useage up,so it's a bug.it's simply to solute,just add a monitor,when detect drag and password required,break pause.when password typed completed,continue.

• Edwin Gersbach

Edwin Gersbach - 2014-05-26

Seems that this bug is still here in the current version (9.20).
    I almost got crazy trying to click the button until I noticed that pressing [Enter] made 7zip to start the extraction. Not much of a problem once you know it, but if you are not able to fix this, you may consider removing the buttons and show a plain text field.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks