hajj_3 - 2014-05-16

I am using 7-zip 9.32 alpha 64bit on Windows 8.1 Update 1 x64.

Bug:

If i go to TOOLS-OPTIONS-FOLDERS and change it from "system temp folder" to "F:\" i get an error message, i can't remember what the message is as it has randomly started letting me change it now but only after i changed it to "C:\" first and then changing it to "F:\".

When i change it to f:\ and try and extract an archive it tries to extract it to the system directory by default, it won't use F:\ as the default directory when i download a file using firefox. For example this is the default dir it opens: "C:\Users\SPACES~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Final_Draft.7z\" and here is the default dir it tries to extract to: "C:\Users\SPACES~1\AppData\Local\Temp\"

Feature request:

1. I would like you to add functionality to let me use the filename of the archive in the extraction directory to be used. For example if i open Helper.zip and i want to extract it i want the default directory to be "F:\Helper". Winrar does this by default, it is very handy as it means i don't have to type the name of the file each time. Either enable this by default or have a checkbox in the settings to allow me to do this.

Last edit: hajj_3 2014-05-29