Auto detect if achieved files are in a folder

Anonymous
2008-05-05
2012-12-07
  • Anonymous - 2008-05-05

Here's a suggestion,

Whenever a user right clicks on an file achieve with 'extract to <file name>\' selected,
    7zip should detect if ALL the files are already in a sub folder and display a message like '7zip has detected all the files are already located in a folder, would you like to extract <folder name> here instead?'

the input would be either a 'yes' or 'no' and also include a tickbox with 'remember this setting'

• Anonymous - 2011-05-11

I vote for this suggestion! This is feature would be  very handy, because sometimes I want to extract the files without opening the archive. But I can't know if the files are not already in a single folder.
    When I used Ubuntu, there's a unzipper that will auto detect sub-folders. I loved that feature.

• xsimo

xsimo - 2012-09-11

I totally agree with this proposition. I came into this forum to suggest exactly the same thing !

• eXpl0it3r

eXpl0it3r - 2012-09-19

I ask myself how often the developer use 7zip, since this is a feature I'd have long implemented. ;)
    Having to check each archive if it contains a folder or not, or very so often unzip into an unnecessary folder is extremely annoying!

• dos386

dos386 - 2012-10-02

> 7zip should detect if ALL the files are already in a sub f***er and display

This had been already asked some time ago … and IIRC someone even supplied a PATCH :-)

> I vote for this suggestion!

Me too. And also in the commandline, not only "right" stuff.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks