Menu

-stl (Set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file) switch not working in GUI

xkiter
2017-03-14
2022-03-25
  • xkiter

xkiter - 2017-03-14

The -stl (Set archive timestamp from the most recently modified file) switch is working OK in the command line, but not working in the GUI. When one uses "stl" in GUI one gets "The parameter is incorrect".
    In my opinion the "stl" function should be an option switch in the GUI but if not, at least should correctly pass it to the archiver as in the command line. This is essential for me and think for many users, that always used it from RAR as "latest file time".

• xkiter

xkiter - 2017-04-28

This is a bug in fact. Possible to fix in next version?

• xkiter

xkiter - 2018-08-23

Bump.
    Any comment at least regarding the bug?

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2018-08-23

It's not bug.
    It's missing of feature.
    The field "Parameters" can be used only for -m*** switches.

• xkiter

xkiter - 2018-08-31

Thanks Igor. Hopefully can become a feature in next version or the GUI include it as option.
    Cheers for the good work.

• Daniel Marschall

I have the same problem. This feature is very important for me, since I am archiving lots of old directories as archives and then delete the direcotires. But then in the Explorer I cannot distinguish between 7z files with new content and old archived stuff. So, I want that the resulting 7z file has the same date as the newest file.

I would be so happy if there could be a possibility to use this feature! Is there any workaround I can do?

Thank you for your help

• StanleyH

StanleyH - 2022-03-25

Please, Mr. Igor, is there any hope that you will listen to us? Thank You.