7zip on a pen drive

2004-12-08
2012-12-08
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Just an idea for a further improvement of 7zip.
    It would be very useful to be able to install 7zip on a pendrive, just like www.johnhaller.com made possible for the Mozilla Suite.

• Ares

Ares - 2004-12-08

I realize this isn't quite what you mean, but there is always the stand-alone command-line version of 7-zip, 7za.exe from the 7-zip directory.

But yes I completely agree, a mobile version of the 7-zip GUI would be great!

-Ares

• Nobody/Anonymous

I only use a *mobile* version of 7-zip (3.13), on zip disk, 3.5" floppy, CD, etc.  I don't currently have a *pen* drive, but I imagine it would be just as easy to use on here, too.  I just took the installed folder and copied it, or I just directed the installation to be put into the folder I chose....it seems to work just fine, although, maybe I'm missing something.

• Ares

Ares - 2004-12-11

Yeah, actually I haven't tried simply copying the 7-zip folder to a pen drive and attempting to use it.  I just assumed this fellow had already tried that lol.  I do think it would be useful, but I personally haven't had a use for it yet, so I haven't tried ;)

-Ares

• Nobody/Anonymous

If 7zFM can be downloaded as ZIP that will be fine (like the way Mozilla and 7za.exe do), I have some rights prob. at my work PC.
      ~BijuGC

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks