Need help setting up a script to automate....

steve
2012-06-14
2012-12-07
  • steve

steve - 2012-06-14

Hello.

I have a client who will be migrating to a new server environment.
    what i would like to do to make this process go a little bit smoother is setup a batch to run that will add folders to a archive.

more depth look:

client has a folder structure that is about 4tb right now. this location is primarily used to store TONS of very small files (millions of them) I have a process on place to do the initial copy of thier data but they will not go live on the new server for a little while.

I want to setup a batch/task, to run every week & grab new folders (& their contents) & add them to a archive so that i can send them over the VPN.

then i will setup another batch on the target end that will run, & grab the new archive & extract the folder to the final location.

I am new to the 7zip scripting & truthfully im GREEN as heck :)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

• john lee

john lee - 2012-06-14

This forum is to discuss 7zip issues, not to provide free consultancy on using cmd. There is plenty of info on the web about this. So rtfm seems an appropriate suggestion, or pay someone to do it! J

• steve

steve - 2012-06-15

actually this isnt just for discussion of issues, its a open forum.

you need to pull the stick out of you arse buddy.

i have looked & could not find a detailed listing on the commands for 7zip. that's basically what i was asking for basically. i am proficient in VB & plan on writing it in that. but need to know the context & syntax to do so..

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks