7-Zip 9.26 alpha was released.
This is a development version.
Din't use 7-Zip 9.26 alpha to process important files and archives.
If you need more stable version, you can use 7-Zip 9.25 alpha.
7-Zip for 32-bit Windows:
7-Zip for 64-bit Windows x64:
What's new after 7-Zip 9.25 alpha:
- 7-Zip now can update WIM archives.
- 7-Zip File Manager now can move files to archives.
- The default encoding for TAR format now is UTF-8. You can use -mcp=1 switch for OEM encoding.
- Command line version:
- new "rn" command to rename files in archive.
- new -sdel switch to delete files after including to archive.
- new -sns switch to store NTFS alternate streams (for WIM format only).
- new -sni switch to store NT security information for files (for WIM format only).
- Speed optimizations for opening big archives and big disk folders.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- New localization: Aragonese.
Please write here about any new bugs.
would you ever consider putting "Put each file/folder to separate archives" as an option on GUI?
WinRAR has this option built into their GUI, but i prefer 7-Zip.
Currently, im using command line/batches..
and im also positive that this would make many Windows users happy!
Is it possible to download the most recent (9.26 alpha) source code?
7-Zip 9.26 (x64 edition)
Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601 SP1 Build 7601
During setup there is a 'Files in Use' message:
'Windows Explorer (Process Id: 3064)
If ignored, setup continues, no problem, except that the message has popped up.
The only real bug that I saw quickly.
Rightclick context menu doesn't show when a bunch of windows shortcuts ONLY, is selected.
Maybe shortcut sizes are too small. When a different file is added, archive is created fine.
Moving files works, for what I have tried.
Something I noticed. Opened archive in archive, dropped 'aphoto.jpg' from windows into embedded archive, 'file copy' happens, but when going one level up after this, the embedded archive is not updated.
Message is: 'The process cannot access the file, because it is being used by another process'.
Could be improved upon, I guess…
The first file dragged and dropped from an archive opened in 7zFM.exe into VLC-player, starts to play.
More get error-messaqges, as usual in 7-Zip. However, some Players have this sort of drag-and-drop support.
Winzip no, WinRAR yes. Would be a nice feature to add for 7-Zip as well.
As would an option be, to enable archiving to LZMA2 by default, in the context menu.
5 and 6 are not bugs either, I know.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.