Help with extraction

AlexSal
2014-02-05
2014-02-09
  • AlexSal

AlexSal - 2014-02-05

Hi, I am facing the following issue.

Every month a client has to send some files to my company, but his system packs the files divided by month on folders, I need some command line info on how to extract only the contents of all the zipped folders to a single directory.

I don't want the original folders to be extracted, and it cannot be done folder by folder cause it's a ton of files.

If anyone can provide a batch script or a command line info i'd really appreciate it.

• Shell

Shell - 2014-02-06

Am I right that you want to extract all files from a single archive into a single folder (without subfolders)? There is a command for this action in console 7-Zip:
    7z e archive

• AlexSal

AlexSal - 2014-02-06

Yes the file comes like this:

file.7z

Folder
      >>>subfolder1
      >>>subfolder2
      >>>subfolder3 ...and so on, usually 30 or more subfolders.

I need all the files inside this 31 subfolders to be extracted to the same directory but only the files, not the subfolder1, subfolder2.... something that i can't do using the GUI.

I'll try what you recommended thanks

Last edit: AlexSal 2014-02-06
  • therube

therube - 2014-02-09

The GUI has a "Flat View" that may do what you want.

View | Flat View

Otherwise, from the command line, in addition to above you can specify the directory tree(s) you wish to extract. So something like:

7z e archive.7z Folder\Months\February\

7z e archive.7z Folder\Months\February\ Folder\Months\March\

(note that that will also create an empty directory, February, but suppose that could be suppressed)

Last edit: therube 2014-02-09

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks