"Open Tickets" not managed?

AmigoJack
2016-11-25
2016-12-31
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2016-11-25

Tickets system at SourceForge didn't allow to prevent spam.
    So now it's not allowed to create new tickets in 7-zip pages.
    If you don't like it, please write to sourceforge and ask them:
    1) improve anti-spam filters.
    2) improve moderation options for tickets system. I could not find any way to set post-moderation mode for ticket creation.

• AmigoJack

AmigoJack - 2016-11-25

My overall question was: why do all 1197 tickets still have the status "open", when I can imagine most of them are implemented by now and should be "closed"?

On the first 4 pages I see not one ticket which would be spam. I guess you're refering to discussions on a ticket, as I'm unable to create posts there. Since I as a user (and partly as developer) am used to report incidents to ticket systems for each software (as opposed to just start a discussion, because tickets have different requirements than discussion posts) I fear people might feel wasting their time creating tickets when they aren't processed.

Seems like SourceForge doesn't suit your needs. Setting up at least a BBS on your website (i.e. phpBB which is spam-proof enough [by using your own unique question & answer] so you don't need to waste your time anymore on moderating posts - I can help you with that) and maybe even a ticket system as well might be a better choice after all.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2016-11-25

Tickets system in 7-zip is not working now, so there is no need to update all these old tickets.
    Sourceforge antispam filters are bad.
    But I don't want to switch to some another system now.
    Forum works, so we can use it.

• Franklin Yu

Franklin Yu - 2016-12-31

Should there be some rule for the topics that serve as tickets? For example, prefixing the title with "[feature request]" or "[bug]"?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks