Menu

Combining multiple database archives into one

2022-11-10
2022-11-19
  • Scott C. Hamilton

I've tried extracting the first file but it didn't grab the others (via a help suggestion in Google). I've tried selecting them all in 7Zip but don't see an option in the menu to extract to one database file. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

• Scott C. Hamilton

Does anyone have any ideas? I can't find info in the Help about extracting multiple files into one

• mdadm

mdadm - 2022-11-12

You can not extract files other that what they were before compression, but you can combine them in console (number them so you have right sequence):
    - on Windows in cmd.exe:
    copy /b file1+file2+file3 output_file
    - on Linux and maybe macOS in bash and maybe other shells:
    cat file* > output_file

• f2d2

f2d2 - 2022-11-14

What are you archive files named exactly?
    Something like "filename.7z.001" ... "filename.7z.NNN"?
    This is what I get when compressing some file using 7-zip and its file-splitting feature.

What do you expect each archive to contain?
    A part of supposedly single big file splitted upon compression?

• Scott C. Hamilton

It is a large database split up into multiple files. I'm trying to combine them using 7Zip. A co-worker said that was how she did it but, of course, she can't seem to remember how and can't tell me ;) Yes the files are named in order

• mdadm

mdadm - 2022-11-19

If it is something like "filename.7z.001" ... "filename.7z.NNN then you can view, combine and extract it only by extracting the first file "filename.7z.001".

If after extraction you have multiple files and still want to combine them then see my previous post about console commands.