From: Announcement list for people interested in Sesame.
<sesame-announce@li...> - 2013-01-31 05:34:38
We are please to announce the release of Sesame 2.7.0-beta2.
This is the second beta release for Sesame 2.7. Sesame 2.7 is a major
update of the framework, incorporating several improvements in the core
APIs, as well as numerous bug fixes, new features, and useful improvements.
Since several core APIs (including the SAIL API and the Repository API)
have undergone changes, we urge both users of the framework and
independent implementors of SAIL backends to read the upgrade notes at
Some of the highlights of this release:
* SAIL API overhaul: introduction of SailConnection.prepare() as an
optional operation to support two-phase commit. See the upgrade notes
* Sesame has been officially updated to require Java 6.
* The Model interface: an extension of Graphs with convenient methods
for quick manipulation of collections of RDF statements in memory.
* The Federation SAIL: configurable querying over federated Sesame stores.
* The RIO Turtle parser has been updated to comply with the W3C Working
Draft at http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/ .
* Several further improvements in SPARQL 1.1 support to bring up to
date with the Proposed Recommendation published on November 8.
See the JIRA Changelog for a complete listing of all fixed issues:
As this is a beta-release, we are eager for you to try it out and test
it, but we advise not to update your production systems to this release
just yet. We would welcome any feedback you might have, you can use the
Sesame Discussion mailinglist for this purpose:
You can find the new release via http://www.openrdf.org/download.jsp.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Sesame Development Team
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.