Downloaded files but no APK?

Help
Mike DSM
2014-02-12
2014-02-16
  • Mike DSM

Mike DSM - 2014-02-12

Hi,

I just downloaded two different ways and am confused by both. First I browsed to the ServeStream site using the browser on my Droid RAZR MAXX (JellyBean) phone and downloaded the file using an app called ES File Explorer. My phone didn't recognize the file because it wasn't an APK. It is titled: "&ts=1392232229&use_mirror_softlayer-ams" and is 5.75 MB in size so it isn't just a URL link.

When that didn't work (I couldn't find an app to open the file), I downloaded it to a desktop computer, where it appeared as a zip file (5,980 KB). I unzipped it and still don't see any APK file.

Is there a problem with the server or have I done something wrong?

Thank you,
    Mike

• Mike DSM

Mike DSM - 2014-02-16

Thank you, that worked! I have installed your app, and connected to my favorite local radio station - KFMG 99.1 in Des Moines, IA. Awesome!! You rock!

BTW: I don't know what your musical tastes are, but that station is one of the few independents left and is an absolute GEM. Try listening, but you have to listen at many different times to get a good idea because they have a HUGE variety of programming.

Thank you,
    Mike

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-02-16

Mike, I'm glad that link worked, I will check out the station you posted. Thanks

• Mike DSM

Mike DSM - 2014-02-16

A good place to start is the Acoustic Brunch show, hosted by the station's founder Ron Sorenson. It's on Sunday mornings 10 AM - 12 PM US Central Time. He also does weekday afternoons.

One last question: Where do I go to rate your app since it's not on Google Play?

Thanks again,
    Mike