Menu

What's the "Browse" tab for?

Help
2013-04-24
2013-04-24
  • Francis Litterio

When I launch ServeStream I see two tabs (for lack of a better word -- I'm not versed in the Android GUI terminology): "URLs" and "Browse". I know what "URLs" is for: the stream URLs that I add by pressing the "+" button go there, but what is the "Browse" tab for? I see that it has a refresh/reload button which is not present when I select "URLs", but pressing it doesn't seem to do anything.

Just curious.

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2013-04-24

Francis, good question. The ability to "browse" has been available in ServeStream since the first release. If you enter a URL that isn't a media stream the browse table will allow you to navigate the webpage by presenting a list of any links contained on that page. You can try it yourself by entering a webpage like "http://shoutcast.com". Although some people may never use this functionality there are others who find this useful. The reason I decided to designate a tab for it in the 0.6.0 release was so people (like myself) wouldn't have to re-open a "page" each time they went to a different screen in the application. I hope this makes sense.