Menu

Parameter passing

Help
Aqualung
2013-12-18
2014-03-07
  • Aqualung

Aqualung - 2013-12-18

I need to build a Tasker script to start ServeStream playback whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones. I need ServeStream to start playback of a certain .m3u file (this file contains a list of https pointers to .flac files on my home http(s) server). How would I pass the playlist filename to ServerStream please? Ideally, I'd like to have ServeStream start playback where it left off...

In case you can think of a more elegant method to do playback of all content of my https server whenever I connect my Bluetooth headphones, I'm willing to listen.

Nice and simple app, by the way. Something I've been looking for for a long while now. Many thanks, and keep up the great work!

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2013-12-21

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding. I actually found a way to add this functionality into ServeStream without requiring you to write a Tasker script. Would you like me to add the requested functionality or do you still want more information so you can move forward with writing the Tasker script?

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2013-12-22

Yes please, do add the requested functionality!!! Many thanks!!! Merry Christmas!

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-01-16

Alright, why don't we please proceed with the instructions on how to pass parameters to ServeStream, as I am afraid that adding the feature of importing local .m3u files seeme to be taking a while...

Many thanks!

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-01-21

This feature is now available in version 0.6.7.

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2013-12-23

No problem, I just coded it. This will be available in the next version.

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2013-12-23

Any ETA for that, if I may ask?

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2013-12-23

Within the next few days I'm hoping.

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-01-03

I see there's been some movement in the Play store, though so far I can't say I see much of a difference. I cannot, in particular, tell whether now importing .m3u files is possible. I take it, things are not yet there, are they?

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-01-04

Importing m3u files is now available. Check the screen where you add URL's, there is an option to save the individual entries. I didn't include the Bluetooth auto-connect code in this release. Would you be willing to test that if I provide an APK?

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-01-05

The .m3u file I have is being stored locally: how would I import that please? Otherwise, yes, I am willing to test whatever .apk you're willing to send my way.

Cheers!

• William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-01-05

Ah, I see the issue. Clicking on the playlist will play it without giving you the option to save the individual entries. How about this, what if I change the app to auto-fill the URL text box in the add screen? This would you allow you to save the entries and wouldn't require you to play the playlist. Does that make more sense?

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-01-05

I'm afraid i do not understand. Let us start with an issue that is even more pressing than the import of .m3u files: The .m3u file I have stored locally is nothing but a list of (pointers to) HTTPS(!) URLs on my personal web server. If I "click" on the .m3u file, ServeStream playback starts normally, and everyone is happy. If, however, I manually type one of the URLs from the .m3u list in ServeStream ("add a new URL"), ServeStream returns an error message: "The url could not be opened." Why is that happening? It looks to me that ServeStream may not like HTTPS URLs, even though it likes them fine if served as an .m3u list. What say you?

P.S. If you provide me with your email, I could send you the actual URLs and the .m3u file as well. Is there any way we can PM each other in SourceForge?

Last edit: Aqualung 2014-01-05
  • William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-01-05

SourceForge does provide private messaging but I'd prefer to just use email. If you can sent the m3u file to wseemann@gmail.com I will take a look and get back to you. Thanks!

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-01-21

Thank you for the latest update! Getting closer! Here are some questions:

• what does the list of URLs contain? The list of all URLs one has chosen to store? Is there a file that that list is stored into?
    • the "Organize" tab, what does it do? Organize the list of URLs?
    • when "organizing" a list a URL list (if, indeed, that is what the "Organize" screen does), can we have a "select all" and a "delete all" option please?
    • what is the difference b/w a playlist and a play queue?
    • how can one save a playlist (play queue?) as things stand right now, the playlist disappears upon exit.

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

Last edit: Aqualung 2014-01-21
    • William Seemann

William Seemann - 2014-01-22
      • The list of URL's are those saved by the user. They are stored in a SQLite database.
      • The organize menu option takes you to a screen where you can quickly delete saved entries or re-order their position in the list.
      • Yes, I can probably add that feature
      • A playlist is a file containing links to other files or URL's, the play queue is the files that are currently queued for playback.
      • There is currently not an option for that, I may add this in the future.

I hope this helps.

• Aqualung

Aqualung - 2014-03-07
        1. Where is the SQLite file stored please? I need to edit it manually (at least until you provide the option of saving playlists/playqueues);
        2. Any ETA on the "select/delete all entries in a URL list" and "saving playlist" features?
        3. None of the Bluetooth features seem to work for me. Any idea why that may be so?

Thank you.

Last edit: Aqualung 2014-03-07