Menu

Help on new features welcome

Developers
2006-09-17
2012-06-13
  • Edward Brey

Edward Brey - 2006-09-17

Do you have some talent in C#, PHP, MySQL you'd like to put to good use for the sake of helping churches? Maybe you know a little and would like to expand your skills and end up with something tangible to show for your effort. The administrator for this project is a software manager and seasoned developer, and energetic about working with the up-and-comer as well as the old pro. In fact, most of the existing PHP code was written by a first-timer who did an great job as he was mentored along the way.

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread with information about your talents and any specifics you may have about how you’d like to help. A great way to get ideas is to first take a look Feature Requests for this project.

Feature Requests
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=176301&atid=876695

• GoHealthy

GoHealthy - 2010-05-03

Hi, I have a background in system design and implementation. All my experience
    is pre-web databasis though and use to be in government, medical and financing
    companies. I was tasked(volenteered) to design and implement a sermon database
    for our local church on the web in the intention that I would use MySQL and
    Python - hoping/willing to learn new skills to become marketable/useable again
    for the developing world of internet databasis. In the process I stumbled apon
    Serminsontheweb and found it a workable solution for our church - without
    having to re-invent the wheel. I am however prepared to learn new skills and
    can offer approx 6 hours a week for help in development. I am a fast learner
    and would enjoy to be part of an on-line development team - if you have a
    space.... My knowledge of web-page databasis is however very-very low....

• Edward Brey

Edward Brey - 2010-05-07

gohealthy, thanks for volunteering to help out the project. Your assistance
    will certainly be valuable. Since it sounds like your skills are stronger with
    the PC-based application more so that web design, perhaps a good place to
    start would be adding a feature to the Publisher. You're welcome propose
    anything you might be interested in. If you don't have a preference,
    Integration of MP3 encoder ranks high on the list.

To get started, take a look at the build instructions.

Let me where you think you think you'd like to contribute to first and if you
    have any questions setting up your development environment.

Thanks again!

Ed