We are pleased to announce the release of version 0.18 of
WordNet-SenseRelate-AllWords. This version includes several
enhancements that allow you to carry out more varied experiments via
the --score option.
We also provide a new kind of behavior for the algorithm with the
--usemono option, which will assign WordNet sense 1 to any word that
only has that one sense - there are some cases where if a relatedness
score can't be computed then a sense isn't assigned (even if there is
only one possible sense of a word).
The Changelog appears below...please check out this new release and
let us know of any questions or concerns. You can find the CPAN and
sourceforge links for downloads at http://senserelate.sourceforge.net
Date : April 30, 2009
1) Added following options to wsd.pl
--usemono enable assigning the only available sense to monosemy words
This is a change in AllWords.pm, where we assign the available
sense to monosemy words. This results in increased precision and
overall fmeasure because many measures can not get these words right
as they can't find relatedness with the surrounding words.
2) Added following options to allwords-scorer2.pl
1. --word score only this specific instance
2. --exceptword score all instances except for these instances
3. --score poly score only polysemes instances
4. --score s1nc score only the instances where the most
frequent sense is not correct
5. --score n score only the instances having n number of senses
These options are added in order to carry different experiments.
3) Fixed the script calculate-corpus-stats.pl. This is a
perl script that gives corpus statistics given a semcor-reformatted
Ted and Varada
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.