Version 1.8.2 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version has the
following additions and changes:
- You can now set a "Has default form" value directly for pages, instead of
going through a category or namespace (no support for "Has alternate form"
yet). There was a convergence of people asking about such a feature
recently, both in Bugzilla and elsewhere, so I figured it was time to add it
(it ended up being about a three-line addition). This represents a softening
of the SF stance toward categories: in the beginning I thought that
categories should only be used to represent basic classes; that was partly a
reaction to the overuse of categories in regular MediaWiki sites. But
categories have additional uses: they can represent hierarchical structure,
something that properties can't yet (though there's been much discussion of
having properties that inherit from others). And as soon as you have trees
of categories, you start to have the need for forms to edit those
categories, and that's when the current structure breaks down, and the need
arises for pages to be able to set their own form. (There are other uses for
this feature, but I think category trees are the major one.) Note that I'd
expect most of the new "Has default form" calls to happen within templates,
not directly in pages.
- The 'category' input was improved, including getting the 'mandatory'
- There was a fix in the handling of the "edit with form" tab for the new
"Vector" skin, added in the last version.
- Setting "default=now" now works for date fields that use the "year" input
- Language support was added for Serbian Latin script.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.