this is to let you know that compatibility with special features of SMW
versions prior to SMW 1.0  will finally vanish in SMW 1.5 (the next major
release, not expected within the next month). This is required to simplify
SMW's code, which is important to ensure efficient development.
For the same reasons, we will probably remove code that is specifically
required to make some SMW features work on MediaWiki 1.11.
To prepare for these changes, you can do the following:
* Make sure that you use #ask, not the old <ask>.
* If you still use page in namespace Relation, then you can either move these
pages to some other place, or configure your wiki to provide this namespace
independently of SMW (see MW documentation on how to add custom namespaces).
* Upgrade your wiki to the current MediaWiki 1.15.0 or later (this is useful
for many reasons, including improved security).
If you use the development version of SMW, you should be aware that some of
the changes will be implemented in SVN very soon.
Markus Krötzsch <markus@...>
* Personal page: http://korrekt.org
* Semantic MediaWiki: http://semantic-mediawiki.org
* Semantic Web textbook: http://semantic-web-book.org
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.