While working on my dev workshop for SMWCon, I noticed it is currently rather impossible to write a sane unit test for a result format. The reasons for this are that the result object, SMWQueryResult and the objects it is composed of, contain a ton of stuff not relevant to those tests, including database access to get the actual results.

I figured it'd be good to have a cleaner interface that can be used by new code, and demonstrated in the workshop. So I'm now working on creating a fresh implementation of the result objects, that will be available as an alternative to the current way of doing things to result printer authors. In other words, this will not be a compatibility breaking change, the current approach will remain usable for the foreseeable future.

This is just a heads up I'm going to work on this, no real work has happened yet. I'll be linking the code here as soon as there is something substantial to look at.


Jeroen De Dauw
Don't panic. Don't be evil. ~=[,,_,,]:3