I am proud to announce the first beta release of Semantic MediaWiki 1.7.1.
This beta release is meant to give you a chance to test 1.7.1 and try out the new features. You should not run it on production wikis.
I'd like to thank all the people that contributed to this release, for the many bugs they reported and patches they provided :)
== What's new ==
* Added "Last editor is" and "Is a new page" special properties (bug 34359).
* Added basic support for OpenLink Virtuoso RDF database. In addition to
$smwgDefaultStore = 'SMWSparqlStore', users should set
$smwgSparqlDatabase = 'SMWSparqlDatabaseVirtuoso' and use Virtuoso's SPARQL
endpoint at ./sparql/ for query and update alike. for further remarks and known
limitations, see the file ./includes/sparql/SMW_SparqlDatabaseVirtuoso.php .
* Added ability to sort dates as dates in tables generated by SMW (bug 25768).
* When there are only invalid query conditions, query answering is stopped (bug 33177).
== Compatibility changes ==
== Bug fixes ==
This release comes with a load of bug fixes, of which some are listed below:
* Fixed display of nearby values on Special:SearchByProperty (bug 34178).
* Fixed display of URL values (bug 34312, 34044).
* Fixed warning when browsing certain property pages (bug 34306).
* Fixed failure of SMW_setup --delete when using postgresql (bug 31153).
* Fixed division by 0 error when setting the "Corresponds to" property to 0 (bug 32594).
* Fixed accept header send with SPARQL query requests (bug 32280).
* Fixed unresolved prefixed name in SPARQL queries (bug 33687).
* Fixed issues with modification date property occurring when using SMWSparqlStore (bug 30989).
* Fixed erroneous SPARQL for property value comparison queries (bug 30993).
* Fixed broken +index=x for records (bug 30284).
* Fixed querying of subobjects using 4store as a datastore.
* Fixed issue with namespace internationalization (bug 34383).
== Download ==
You can get this release candidate from
* SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/semediawiki/files/semediawiki/Semantic%20MediaWiki%201.7.1%20beta%201/
* SVN: http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/tags/extensions/SemanticMediaWiki/REL_1_7_1beta1/
== Installation / Upgrading ==
You can just replace the old files with the new. No further steps are needed.