I used this extension and it took about 3 minutes. We decided this is still too long so I wrote an sql query and did some post-processing instead. That too less than 20 seconds.

Cheers & Thanks!

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Yaron Koren <yaron57@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd consider using the Data Transfer extension (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Data_Transfer) - I don't know if it's ever been tried for 15,000 pages, but I'd guess that it has a better chance of working than an #ask query. It doesn't allow formatting of the output, but if you got it working, you could save the resulting XML into a file, then create a script to generate the right output from that file.


On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Brian <reflection@gmail.com> wrote:
I have managed to turn SMW+SF into a bibliography system. I have styled the properties based on the allowed bibtex fields. Then, I imported our bibliography, and now I am working on export. I managed to get #ask to output bibtex using a template, and it works quite well for smallish queries. However, we have 15,000 pages in Category:Papers, and when I try to export the whole thing SMW because a memory hog. I gave it up to 1.5 GB of memoryand after 10 minutes it failed running out of memory.

I will provide the key bits of code if they are helpful:
My hope was that this bib system would allow my users to grow our bibliography to > 100,000 items, but I have to come up with some method of exporting the whole thing.



(Not sent from my iPhone)


Semediawiki-user mailing list

(Not sent from my iPhone)