Menu

Question on legal compliance

2021-12-15
2021-12-15
  • Johannes Rohr

Johannes Rohr - 2021-12-15

Hi I work for a very small charity with a very small budget in Germany, and since all of us are at different places, far from the office, I am currently looking into how we could establish a DMS, preferably Free/Open Source, preferably without Java that can be self-hosted, both of which are reasons why SeedDMS looks really interesting.

Now, since we are regularly implementing projects with donor money, some of which require audits, the question of legal compliance is of particular interest to me. I understand, that one advantage of a DMS is that you don't need to keep the paper copies but still are able to be in legal compliance. Does this require some sort of certification? How can I ensure, that an auditor actually accepts the DMS? Can Seeddms comply with the requirements or would I have to bite the sour apple and go for a non-free product instead?

Last edit: Johannes Rohr 2021-12-15
  • Uwe Steinmann

Uwe Steinmann - 2021-12-15

I'm from Germany and haven't heard of any certificate to run a DMS legaly. Though there maybe certain requirements you have to comply with, e.g. keep the documents for a certain time and ensure access on documents is regulated. I know of several medical labs using SeedDMS for their quality management, having audits frequently.