I've been using BASE 1.1.4 for a week or so, and I've got some patches for it.
Maybe some of the patches can be applied to 1.2 too!
I found that snort wasn't logging the generator id to the mysql database so
BASE wasn't able to always look up the correct alert description, so I've
also got a patch (that I have also submitted to snort-devel) for logging the
gen_id to mysql.
The other things that were annoying me were the volume of these kinds of
messages in my httpd error log:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: archive in /usr/lib/cgi/base/includes/base_state_query.inc.php on line 129
PHP Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 1 in /usr/lib/cgi/base/includes/base_state_citems.inc.php on line 578
So, I went around and stopped all of these that I could find. It was normally
a case of checking that the variable was set before using it - with isset().
I hope that these patches are useful to somebody!
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.