Login to BASE

BASE-user
Jamie
2005-01-07
2013-06-03
  • Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-07

Once I enable the $Use_Auth_System, I am unable to login.  It seems to accept the username and password, however the screen just refreshes.  It does not take me to the main page.  If I enter an invalid username and/or password, it will prompt me.  Therefore, it seems as if it is authenticating against the database.

I am running BASE 1.0 (fresh install), have updated the MySQL tables, and created user accounts prior to enabling the setting.

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2005-01-07

Does your browser allow cookies to be set?  If not, you won't be able to log in.

Kevin

• Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-07

I've enabled cookies on my browser, but still no luck.  I think that it has something to do with running PHP (4.3.10) and IIS (5.0), there seem to be alot of posts regarding PHP and IIS having trouble with cookies.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2005-01-09

Hi-

Is the cookie actually being set?  You should see the cookie whereever your version of the browser stores it?  If it isn't we can see what we can do, if it is we will need to look at something else.

Kevin

• Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-10

It does not appear that the cookie is being set.  I am running IE 6.0, and have allowed all cookies from the server (Tools-Internet Options-Privacy-Web Sites - Edit - Added Server IP address & Always Allow).  A co-worker is running FireFox 1.0, and he is not receiving the cookie.

Thank you.

• Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-14

I turned display_errors = on in the php.ini file and I get the following information:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\languages\english.lang.php:88) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_common.inc.php on line 88

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\languages\english.lang.php:88) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_common.inc.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_state_criteria.inc.php on line 235

Notice: Undefined index: BASERole in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_auth.inc.php on line 299

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_auth.inc.php on line 302

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\includes\base_auth.inc.php on line 303

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\base\languages\english.lang.php:88) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\base\base_main.php on line 65

Jamie

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2005-01-14

Those errors point directly to the cookie not being set.....

I will try to set up a vm that matches your set up... what are the specifics?  OS, http server, database and php version?

Thanks
      Kevin

• Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-14

The system is running Windows 2000 SP4 with all current patches applied, IIS 5.0, MySQL 4.1.8, PHP 4.3.10, and BASE 1.0.  On my client I am running IE6.0.

Thank you,
      Jamie

• Man On Street

Man On Street - 2005-01-16

I noticed the same issue...the problem and solution is noted here:

http://us2.php.net/setcookie

"If you experience problems on Microsoft Information Server (IIS) when setting a cookie via PHP and when PHP is running as a CGI binary it is not setting the cookie. After spending many hours on what the problem is here is what happens:

When you invoke setcookie and redirect to another page you will not have your cookie set, because it seems that IIS doesn't set the cookie unless you actually send some contents to the browser. Therefore if you want to set a cookie and then redirect to another page you will have to do the redirection via JavaScript and/or HTML if you want your script to work on IIS."

Directly this translates to changing line 50 on index.php from:

header("Location: base_main.php");

to:

?>
      <script>window.location="base_main.php"</script> <?php

This did the trick for me.

• Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson - 2005-01-18

Thanks... I will look at doing this in the next release.

Kevin

• Jamie

Jamie - 2005-01-18

I had found that article as well, however I had no idea how/where to fix the issue.  Thank you very much, it is working great!

Jamie

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks