As part of an assignment, we were asked to publish our initial main BASE summary page to our web server without login or managment capabilites. Additionally the display of this page must be updated frequently. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? Is there a configuration setting? Or do we need to write a script to get this done?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You
Are you saying that you want to publish BASE publicly?
wget --no-check-certificate --post-data 'login=[username]&password=[password]&submit=Login' http://\[base-server]/base/
My idea for this is to periodically get a static 'snapshot' of the stats page and host it on a different publically-accessible web site.
1. Use cron + wget command listed above to periodically get page. (you have to supply the [username] [password] [base-server] in the string.
2. Use cron to cp base_main.php to publically accessible web site, but change the name to base_main.html
3. Have users connect to publically accessible website and view page.
Things for you to figure out:
1. how to make the webpage periodically refresh on the clients machine.
2. how to apply the css to base_main.html (it loses the pretty colors)
just the summary page, with none of the administrative or managment links functional. Our base directory is password protected however, my professor wishes for users to be able to view just the summary statistics without login.
Thank you all very much for your help!
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.