Menu

encrypred settings in SEB

Help
2021-02-08
2021-02-09
  • Martin

Martin - 2021-02-08

The configuration file you are loading is encrypted using a password. You need the password to load the file, so you have to ask whoever gave you the file for that.

• Daniel Schneider

Well, the message is clear, isn't it? You need to enter the password which was used to encrypt those settings. Ask the person you got the settings from for that password.

• Zvonko Martinovic

Actually it's not that clear. Config file Helena is referring to is generated via Moodle (manual config) and it is not encrypted. Majority of students were able to run the exam via this config, but some students like Helena are having problems. I'm an admin of this Moodle and I try to help students as much as I can, but I don't know the reason for this problem. I've attached config in question.

• Daniel Schneider

You're right that there should no password be required for the config file generated via Moodle's manual config. I guess this is either a bug in SEB 3.0.1 or she somehow opened another SEB config file before, as the dialog is mentioning a config file for reconfiguring the client and in the second dialog it's asking for the password of the client settings (which are saved on the computer). Helena can try to delete the file

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SafeExamBrowser\SebClientSettings.seb</username>

and then start the Moodle quiz again. Also update to the current version SEB 3.1.1 for Windows (we don't support any older versions).