SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

moodle Breadcrumb still stays on during test

Help
gzebedin
2012-09-25
2013-06-12
  • gzebedin

gzebedin - 2012-09-25

hello!

I was trying out the latest seb 1.8.2 with moodle 2.3.1+ and when starting a test, the navigation bar at the top still stays on. So users taking the test can leave the test anytime and return later. Is there a way to block this? see attached image from inside a test. Thank you

maybe someone can help
    Gerald Zebedin
    gzebedin@gmail.com

• Daniel Schneider

Hello
    Yes, unfortunately this problem exists since version 2.0. We have had a fix developed for this problem and it will be included in Moodle 2.4. We are thinking of publishing the fix/patch also on our website if someone wants to fix it in earlier versions of Moodle (and doesn't want to wait for 2.4 being released). Would it be helpful for you?
    Greatings Daniel

• gzebedin

gzebedin - 2012-09-25

yes this would be really great! If you could email me this patch and some instructions I can try to convince our IT departement to apply this patch (with little hope…) :-) But anyway it would be great!

Thank you
    Gerald Zebedin
    gzebedin@gmail.com

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-09-26

Dear Gerald,

at the moment we are testing the patch for Moodle 2.3.x. It is a backport of the fix which made it to the Moodle 2.4.x core. We think about publishing the fix on the SEB homepage or on a somewhat better suited spot in the Moodle universe. Anyway, we we will publish it here. Sorry for the delay,

Dirk

• Daniel Schneider

Hi Gerald

We have finalized the fix for Moodle 2.3.x versions, so that the breadcrumps are no longer displayed during an exam. Please find the download link and instructions how to apply it at http://www.safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html#Moodle.

Regards Daniel