Java Applets in SEB

Help
techlms
2012-06-26
2013-06-12
  • techlms

techlms - 2012-06-26

Hi,

I have been trying to access local files using Signed Java applets. They work fine in all the browsers except for SEB. Even in SEB, it works fine in Windows 7 but throws java.security.AccessControlException on Mac OS X, even when the user has accepted the dialog box that asks for permission. I guess, SEB is thinking that user has denied the permission even when he has accepted. Would someone help me with this please.

Windows 7 - Firefox - Works
    Windows 7 - SEB 1.8.2 - Works
    Mac OS X - Firefox , Safari - Works
    Mac OS X 10.7.4 - SEB 1.5.2 - Throws exception(This is exactly the same stack trace that is thrown when user denies access to applet in Firefox, safari or SEB)

• techlms

techlms - 2012-07-02

I did some testing further. When the dialog box "An Applet is requesting access to your computer" appears, without waiting for the user's input, SEB is assuming that the user has denied access and is throwing exception. This doesn't happen in SEB on Windows. Could someone please help. This is critical for my project.

• Daniel Schneider

I've sent you a private mail regarding the problem. As I mentioned before, I will try to solve the Applet issue as soon as I'm to work next week.

Dan

• techlms

techlms - 2012-07-05

Thank you Dan. I will send you the required information.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks