SEB source code compile issue.

Help
2012-04-09
2013-06-12
  • Adnan Ahmed

Adnan Ahmed - 2012-04-09

Hi,
    i am trying to compile seb source code downloaded from the https://seb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/seb/
    but it is showing some kinds of warnings as below:
    1>---- Build started: Project: SebStarter, Configuration: Release Win32 ----
    2>---- Build started: Project: MsgHook, Configuration: Release Win32 ----
    3>---- Build started: Project: SebWindowsService, Configuration: Release x86 ----
    1>  stdafx.cpp
    2>  stdafx.cpp
    F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\SebWindowsService\SebWindowsService.cs(174,17): warning CS0618: 'System.Threading.Thread.Suspend()' is obsolete: 'Thread.Suspend has been deprecated.  Please use other classes in System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resources.  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'
    F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\SebWindowsService\SebWindowsService.cs(204,17): warning CS0618: 'System.Threading.Thread.Resume()' is obsolete: 'Thread.Resume has been deprecated.  Please use other classes in System.Threading, such as Monitor, Mutex, Event, and Semaphore, to synchronize Threads or protect resources.  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=14202'

Compile complete - 0 errors, 2 warnings
    3>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1360,9): warning MSB3267: The primary reference "Microsoft.CSharp", which is a framework assembly, could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. ".NETFramework,Version=v3.5". To resolve this problem, either remove the reference "Microsoft.CSharp" or retarget your application to a framework version which contains "Microsoft.CSharp".
    2>  MsgHook.cpp
    2>f:\my projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\sebwindowspackage\sebwindowsclient\msghook\../ErrorMessage.h(288): warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
    3>  SebWindowsService -> F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\SebWindowsService\bin\Release\SebWindowsService.exe
    2>     Creating library F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\Release\MsgHook.lib and object F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\Release\MsgHook.exp
    1>  SebStarter.cpp
    1>f:\my projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\sebwindowspackage\sebwindowsclient\sebstarter\../ErrorMessage.h(288): warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
    1>SebStarter.cpp(1019): warning C4409: illegal instruction size
    1>SebStarter.cpp(2683): warning C4101: 'hInstance' : unreferenced local variable
    1>  sha1.cpp
    1>  Generating Code…
    2>  Generating code
    2>  Finished generating code
    1>f:\my projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\sebwindowspackage\sebwindowsclient\sebstarter\sebstarter.cpp(1412): warning C4700: uninitialized local variable 'TokenInformationClass' used
    2>  MsgHook.vcxproj -> F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\Release\MsgHook.dll
    1>  SebStarter.vcxproj -> F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\Release\SebStarter.exe
    ---- Starting pre-build validation for project 'SebWindowsInstall' ----
    ---- Pre-build validation for project 'SebWindowsInstall' completed ----
    4>---- Build started: Project: SebWindowsInstall, Configuration: Release ----
    Building file 'F:\My Projects\seb_1.8.2_win\seb source\trunk\win\SebWindowsPackage\SebWindowsInstall\Release\SebWindowsInstall.msi'…
    WARNING: The target version of the .NET Framework in the project does not match the .NET Framework launch condition version '.NET Framework 3.5'. Update the version of the .NET Framework launch condition to match the target version of the.NET Framework in the Advanced Compile Options Dialog Box (VB) or the Application Page (C#, F#).
    Packaging file 'SebBanner.bmp'…
    Packaging file 'Ionic.Zip.dll'…
    Packaging file 'MsgHook.ini'…
    Packaging file 'SebStarter.ini'…
    Packaging file 'SebIcon.ico'…
    Packaging file 'SebWindowsInstallLicence.rtf'…
    Packaging file 'xul_seb.zip'…
    Packaging file 'xulrunner_with_ssl_warning.zip'…
    Packaging file 'SebWindowsService.exe'…
    Packaging file 'xulrunner_no_ssl_warning.zip'…
    Packaging file 'SebStarter.bat'…
    Packaging file 'xulrunner.zip'…
    Packaging file 'SebStarter.exe'…
    Packaging file 'SebWindowsService.exe.config'…
    Packaging file 'MsgHook.dll'…
    ========== Build: 4 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

even it is building the setup file and installed successfully, but when run the seb its is giving the error  message "No caller window found!". And i am not able to exit it by pressing the shorcut keys F3_F11_F6. So only possibility is to restart the system by pressing button.
    Can you tell where is the problem.
    Thanks

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-04-10

Hi,

why do you bother with compiler warnings? I also get them, that's normal in a  programmer's life.
    More important is that you compile your stuff on your hard drive (usuall C:), not on an USB-Stick
    or external drive like F: . Because the integrated SebWindowsService must be installed in C:\Program Files etc.
    I guess a Windows Service is a system process and will not run properly, if anyway, on an exotic drive.
    Your installation is obviously corrupt, please read the manual for detailed instructions on how to install
    and run SEB:

http://www.safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_quickguide_en.html
    http://www.safeexambrowser.org/windows/win_usermanual_en.html

Regards,
    Dirk

• Adnan Ahmed

Adnan Ahmed - 2012-04-12

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, i solved the issue.

Regards,
    Adnan

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-04-12

Great!

Regards,
    Dirk

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks