Installation Problem of SEB 1.8.2

Help
Amir
2012-02-27
2013-06-12
  • Amir

Amir - 2012-02-27

I first time visited this website and read about SEB. I instantly downloaded the latest version of SEB (SEB Windows 1.8.2). However, when I tried to install it on my Windows XP Professional SP3, I encountered the problem during installation.  The error message can be seen from following link.   Can you please guide what should I do now?  Looking Forward…

Kind Regards,

Amir

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-02-28

Hello,

hmmm, I intentionally released SEB 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 exactly to fix the Shortcut on Desktop problem,
    and it worked fine in all my tests, under Win 7 as well as under Win XP. First question is, does the
    directory

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

even exist on your computer?

Regards,
    Dirk

• Christian Poirier

I have the same problem

Christian

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-04-16

Hi,

I cannot answer your questions if you do not answer mine…
    see above.

Regards,
    Dirk

• Christian Poirier

Effectively, the folder was inexistent in a french installation of Win XP. After I created the folder, everything went good

Christian

• Dirk Bauer

Dirk Bauer - 2012-04-17

That sounds really strange. Because the folder is detected automatically using Windows environment variables
    that should be independent of the OS language. I also succesfully tested it on my German language machine (Win 7).

But first, do you have Win XP oder Win 7? Because only for Win XP the folder is

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop

For Win Vista or 7, the folder is

C:\Users\Public\Desktop

I only mentioned the XP case because the previous poster hat XP on his/her machine.

Regards, Dirk

• Christian Poirier

Yes, it is a Win XP in a french version. But, I did not have any problem with Win 7.