Menu

SDM doesn't save.

2001-06-24
2001-08-14
  • Antonio Vinci

Antonio Vinci - 2001-06-24

Hi!, I think SMD is a great idea. I tried version 0.2.0 but I can't save or load.

What encrypt algorithm does sdm use?
    Could you include a “comment” form and some text or XML export functions? ... and some icons for the GUI?

Can I help you? (maybe localization, web designing, or java programming…)

• Charles McCann

Charles McCann - 2001-06-27

0.2.0 -- had a bug.  0.2.1 should allow you to save.  We have been in code clean up mode and are ready to start adding more functionality.  You are more than welcome to down load the code and submit patches.  You should have access to the tasks.  At that time, I'll consider adding to the project.  Thanks.

• Antonio Vinci

Antonio Vinci - 2001-06-27

Thanks, I have downloaded 0.2.1, but the problem was I didn't have javax.crypto.
        So now I can save, but I can’t open files! Why?

And why don’t you also release periodically the source code in a zip package?
        The GUI of Sdm is very poor; I think you could improve it, for example using Sun’s icons…

Sdm is a great project; I was working at a similar project (already stable), but less powerful.

See you soon.

• mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson - 2001-08-14

The current encryption method is a variant of DES, but we plan to make this user selectable among a choice of methods in a future release.