A new release of SDCC, the portable optimizing compiler for 8051, DS390, Z80, HC08, and PIC microprocessors is now available (http://sdcc.sourceforge.net). Sources, documentation and binaries compiled for x86 Linux, x86 MS Windows and universal Mac OS X are available.
SDCC 2.8.0 Feature List:
* added predefined preprocessor macro SDCC_REVISION holding SDCC's subversion revision number
* added preprocessor macros SDCC_PARMS_IN_BANK1, SDCC_FLOAT_REENT and SDCC_INT_LONG_REENT
* sdcpp synchronized with GNU cpp 4.2.3
* multiple infiles for sdcclib
* added option --acall-ajmp: replaces lcall/ljmp with acall/ajmp
* added support for many PIC devices
* sdcc executables on Mac OS X are built as universal binaries, so that they can run on both ppc and i386 Mac OS X
* added --Werror command line option
* Windows installer enhancements
* generation of cdb debug info for as-z80 and link-z80
* generation of cdb debug info for variables in pdata for mcs51
* Tail call optimization for functions that take no parameters on Z80
* Improved multiplication of unsigned chars on Z80
* ISO/IEC 9899 standard compliant integer promotion of integer function arguments if --std-cXX is defined in command line
Numerous feature requests and bug fixes are included as well.
You can download the release from:
Log in to post a comment.