I have interests in your stm8 libraries, and really hope can help you after finishing my current plan on SDCC.
1. improve the ucsim-stm8
2. setup a new arm-ubuntu in the build farm
3. open bugs / feature-requests of stm8
I would like to add your library support as an item #4. Maybe your code can be placed in sdcc/device/lib/stm8/ or sdcc/device/non-free/lib/ in the future.
as you may know, STM provides a standard peripheral library for STM8 and STM32, which can be downloaded from http://www.st.com and is the basis for many STM8 projects. Recently I ported most functions to SDCC. Exceptions are SW traps and near / far pointer types (see previous mail). Also testing is still very rudimentary.
Some points / questions to the community:
- if anyone is interested, just send me a mail. I appreciate every "beta tester“… ;-)
- I noticed that SDCC always seems to link the complete library, even if I only toggle a pin —> very large code size. Can I tell the linker to skip unused functions?
- I couldn't find a respective notice but I doubt that the library is open-source —> I probably mustn’t distribute an altered version just like that. Any advice on this legal stuff?
For your feedback thanks a lot in advance!