There are some device specific header files in SDCC\include that could be moved to suitable folders:
- 80c51xa.h, ds80c390.h, ds400rom.h, ser.h, ser_ir.h, serial390.h, serial.h, tinibios.h ---> mcs51,
- z180.h ---> z80.
Implemented in svn revision #5463.
I'm sorry I did not reply to this item before, but I disagree with this request and vote to revert the change. The mentioned files are for the DS390 or XA target which have their own target specific backend. Therefor they do not belong in the mcs51 directory IMHO.
Should we create include/ds390 and include/xa51 directories?
That would be an apropriate solution. But I decided against it when I created the mcs51 subdirectory because it concerns such a small number of files.
But more problematic: The ds390 regression test now fails because it cannot find its includes!
I have an additional concern / question: do tinibios.h and ds80c390.h belong only to ds390 or they are used also by ds400? I saw comments in tinibios.h which make ma believe that it is used also by ds400. And tinybios.h includes ds80c390.h...
If this is true, tinibios.h and ds80c390.h should remain in the SDCC/include directory or we should make a copy also in ds400 directory.
I there anybody who can answer ma question? What do you think it would be the best solution?
If you create a ds390 directory, I would leave it at that and not also add a ds400 directory or even tininative directory. They are all handled by the ds390 target. So all 3 headers can go into the same ds390 dir. But the include search logic must be changed to accomodate this, because currently it searches in a subdir with the target name as given after the -m switch.
The easy alternative is to revert and put all these files back in the root of include.
Fixed in svn revision #5465.
I moved device/include/mcs51/ds80c390.h and device/include/mcs51/tinibios.h back to device/include, since they are used also by ds400, as proposed by Maarten. But I created ds400 directory and put ds400rom.h, since the ds400 target is serching for includes in include/ds400.
This time I even ran the regression tests on my machine ;-)