PIC Programming with SDCC help

Help
RekahSoft
2007-01-29
2013-03-12
  • RekahSoft

RekahSoft - 2007-01-29

hi all, i am new to SDCC and was wondering if there is any documentation on how to use the pic libraries (specifically the Pic 16f877). Thanks for your consideration.

• Raphael Neider

Raphael Neider - 2007-03-09

There is no documentation and there is nothing in the libraries you would use directly: pic16fXXXX.lib contains support routines requried by the compiler geenrated code to execute (e.g., multiplication of two longs, even floating point routines, dereferencing generic pointers and stuff like that is in there)---it is NOT a libc-like library. I do currently not find the time to set up and test a more useful library... Contributions are welcome.

Regards,
      Raphael

• AP2k

AP2k - 2007-05-18

I noticed the lacking of routines as well. Currently I am working on completing some .c and .h files for routines for the 16F877A. Currently, I have adc, delays, eeprom, interrupt, option_reg definitions, and usart support routines. Most of them include lots of definitions as well.

After I get some of the things finalized and about as many routines as the pic16's have, I can email them to you. Where can I find the libraries in C for the pic16's anyway? One thing that has been bugging me is that my libraries might not be as efficient as the official libraries. Every wasted opcode counts. ^_^

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks