rudolf
2007-03-13
2013-03-12
  • rudolf

rudolf - 2007-03-13

i get this error
    error: no target memory available for section "code_idata"

have a pic16f628 project with 2 files.
    i could reduce the variables memory to around 30 bytes in each file, but i still get the error message.

could you help me please?
    what does it mean? how can i know how much memory i am using?

thanks a lot!
    rudolf

• Raphael Neider

Raphael Neider - 2007-03-13

Have a look at the .asm files generated by compiling your source files. In idata.asm (generated from your idata.c, which you supposedly have in your project), you will find a `code_idata code' section accumulating all the functions defined in that file.
      Actually, you rather seem to have run out of code space (<2k in your device) than to have exceeded the RAM limits (80 + 80 + 48 = 208 bytes in three banks).

To examine your memory/code usage, run `gpvo idata.o' on the generated .o file and inspect `Size of Section' under Section Header for Name code_idata.

Regards,
      Raphael

• rudolf

rudolf - 2007-03-14

Indeed, my code was to large. The same code compiled without any error message on the last version of SDCC (2.6.0), but it had a lot of bugs.
        I donno if the snapshot i used makes larger files, or if 2.6.0 does not check memory boundaries, but the bugs seem to be solved (at least my pic is runnign well now).

thanks again!
        rudolf

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks