__sdcc_gsinit_startup missing

rudolf
2007-03-13
2013-03-12
  • rudolf

rudolf - 2007-03-13

even with very simple code i get this message for:
    sdcc -mpic14 -L /usr/share/sdcc/lib/pic/ --no-peep -p16f628 code.c

error: missing definition for symbol "__sdcc_gsinit_startup", required by "code.o"

what is wrong?

sdcc version (self compiled) from 08.03: SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/avr/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/xa51/ds400/hc08 2.6.4 #4665 (Mar  9 2007) (UNIX)

thanks,
    ludefu

• Raphael Neider

Raphael Neider - 2007-03-13

_sdcc_gsinit_startup() is defined in device/lib/pic/libsdcc/idata.c, so you need to link against libsdcc.lib (which is done automatically if you let sdcc call the linker, i.e., if you do not use -S or -c).

Did you configure and build the pic14 library? Although this should have been done automatically, the process fails if gputils (gpasm, gplink, and gplib) are not in the $PATH while building SDCC.

cd $SDCC # wherever your SDCC/ChangeLog may reside
      cd device/lib/pic
      ./configure
      make -s
      make install # copies libraries from ./build to ./bin
      cd ..
      make install # installs libraries into $PREFIX/share/sdcc/lib/pic

Make sure, libsdcc.lib (from the pic(14) port) is available in the paths searched by gplink. You may use sdcc's command line option -V to find out, which paths are passed on to gplink (sdcc option -L<path> causes sdcc to call gplink with gplink option -I<path>). If the correct path to libsdcc.lib is missing, just add it to the sdcc command line. I usually build my stuff referencing the libs in the sdcc source tree using

sdcc -mpic14 -p16f877 -I$SDCC/device/include/pic -I$SDCC/device/include -L$SDCC/device/lib/pic/bin -Wl,-m -Wa,-I$GPUTILS/header something.c

where $SDCC points to my sdcc root and $GPUTILS points to my gputils base directories.

Regards,
      Raphael

• rudolf

rudolf - 2007-03-13

Thats it!

i did installed gputils, build the libraries, and corrected the path, and it works!
      Thank you very much for your help!

rudolf

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks