probs w install

Help
will
2004-07-12
2004-07-13
  • will

will - 2004-07-12

Hi, this is my first post. I discovered screem in my synaptic list of programs, looked at the site, and really really want it. Actually it turned out I had an old version in my Mandrake 9.2 distrib. I uninstalled and installed the newest version using synaptic. When I clicked on the icon, nothing happened. I tried putting 'screem' in the terminal, and again nothing. I uninstalled again, and then used apt-get in the terminal:

[root@localhost willnapier]# apt-get install screem
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      screem
    0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 removed and 657 not upgraded.
    Need to get 1071kB of archives.
    After unpacking 4857kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 ftp://mandrake.redbox.cz RPMS screem 0.10.2-2mdk [1071kB]
    Fetched 1071kB in 1m34s (11.3kB/s)
    Executing RPM (-Uvh)...
    warning: /var/cache/apt/archives/screem_0.10.2-2mdk_i586.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 26752624
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
       1:screem                 ########################################### [100%]
    yelp:get-title could not determine the title of node with type "set"
    yelp:get-title could not determine the title of node with type "set"
    yelp:get-content called on unknown node set
    yelp:get-title could not determine the title of node with type "book"
    yelp:get-title could not determine the title of node with type "book"
    [root@localhost willnapier]# screem
    screem: symbol lookup error: screem: undefined symbol: gdk_threads_lock

Right now, synaptic tells me it is installed, and I have loads of screem files and folders. But again, when I click on the binary in /usr/bin, nothing happens. Any help greatly appreciated - I would like to get into screem v much. Will.

• David A Knight

David A Knight - 2004-07-13

this is either a problem with the package not having being built properly by whoever built it, or a problem with the gdk package you have installed.

I guess it could also be that gdk isn't in a normal location, so you would need to add the path prefix to /etc/ld.so.conf